Friday, June 21, 2013

SUMMER 2013

Every season of the year is an amazing moment for a retrospection of the progress, I like the way world changes through time and let us a lot of new experiences and lessons from life, we maybe seem strong but, all of us have some past from which we want to get away from as far as we can but, only time can heal the scars, no more speaking and let's back to the post!
This Time I show you the Pixologic Zbrush interface, at this point I was forgeting the way it works so, I want to give it another chance in order to get better at it, I have seen a lot of amazing sculpture artwork and Im eager to do some of those (if I'm able to)
Okay this is an old model of my OC Merit, I know I know, maybe looks crappy , and I apologize for that, but we have to start from something right?
There is a screenshot of my OC in profile and with some confusing Zbrush UI elements which I will break down here:
_____________________________________________________________________________


Don't let this scare you, Developers and software is meant to be easy for use, think of the new software as a tool, not an enemy, programmers will make our job as easy as they can but in order to be, there should be more options for support this, imagine just 2 buttons for "create sculpture" and "magic render" (I wish it could be that way but in real life, and in CG work as well, that is impossible, there is 1 element missing and it is you, your creativity, so there is no other option of taking the hours, the days or even years to digging into something and finally get familiar with it, so this is what I have been learning.-
(I marked the names of the menus down here)


Every menu have a specific function and depending on what you are up to, you will need certain windows and tools, so not all the time you will be using all menu, maybe later I'll do some sculpt videos, but I need to learn more for do that, I'm interested in exporting my sculpt into a 3d program, I'll be using Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max for this, I HAVE NO IDEA yet, about the methodology of this process, but I get some unusual results down here.
proceed in following this steps after completing your sculpt.


Select Maya or your application for GozPath and Bingo, that's all you need to do, don't forget to get some Uvs and maps to get the sculpt with lower geometry (Im still confused about this part)


Here is the sculpture in a 3d application (Yeah!!!!!! now what?) well I tried to render it out and well, it had no material in it like in zbrush, so maybe those materials are just for zbrush previsualization, it exports every map you assing to the model into a blinn material, so it does a good job, anyway, lets keep moving.


And here is the render with some notes. Kind of dissapointed from the Zbrush result but, Do not get me wrong, I'm still an amateur Zbrush user so, I can swear, I missed so many steps, anyway, here is my best result, there is some stuff for improvement like topology, which I need to investigate and poly count, (damn this model was over 1 million of polygons!
But overall, I'm eager to keep reading more tutorials about this amazing software, I mean, I have never used this kind of software, is so intuitive and makes you feel like true sculpture student.

Here is some Merit Illustrations (My OC from above)



I hope I can come with better results next time!
let's keep learning!

______________________________Divisory Line____________________________

The understanding of anatomy should be not a problem at this point (give a look at my firsts blog posts, you will find everything in there) now the challenge is exaggerate or express human anatomy in an aesthetic way, Im kinda bad in that but, let's see what we can do.

KOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment