Thursday, June 27, 2013

CG Painter, June 27th 2013

Yes,  After some days looking for information, I'm happy to say, I've found some useful sources which I'll like to share with you at the end of this post.
So after studying a lot about design, and painting, and art and 3d sculpt (brain overheat!)
I've come to some stuck point, some things that, sources as books can't respond, I wish they could but, at the turn of the page, is a new panorama, and it just left a lot of gray behind...
Here is a problem I've found, we have some freedom in order to control the viewer's eye and make some points contrast with the rest of the composition, well that's good news but, We enter into a conflict, how much can we push it?
in example (a) we can see a boring contrast, the viewer eye don't know what is happening there, too few contrast can cause a complete lose of the viewer intrest, but at example (b) there is an exaggeration, do you remember what I told you? We can manipulate this factor but the problem can be bigger than you tought:
What's the correct contrast of the scene? WITHOUT loosing realism and break the illustion of depth?
Here is a very very very important factor of the overall union, depth, maybe we can solve that with perspective or light effect but, falling into realism involves loosing control in contrast.
You can see that in example (c), there is a common color contrast but as you can see, the red part screams for attention and there is not such appealing realism opportunity in there, looks too exagerated, so how can we solve this problem?
Doing realism without caring about contrast?
Doing contrast loosing realism?
Take care of composition and have few contrast and depth?


In the middle of this searching about design and to make it clear, I'm not really familiar with the fundamentals and even theories about design, I'm an intuitive person but never tought about this way of thinking until now, about everything I've read until now, my word for describing design should be "Think"
Even there is a visual language which I'm not familiar with it, and I'll post about it soon, but sounds really interesting and finally got some kind of few questions finally answered. I'll let you an image about this searching and you will find that this is an obvious assumption, but this kind of theory gives us some sort of guide in order to come up with good answers, thinking outside the frame, will make all choices possible, then get unusual results, but as I said in my previous post, how far is it possible to go to don't lose the human eye. "Going far but close enough, and being close and far enough in order to people make sense of what we are doing, without falling in useless and illogic results."
Well, I understimate design a lot, now I'm paying the price.
neccesity is the mother of invention ...


Well More progress is up to come and I'm finally happy to know more aboutthat mysterious design thing which don't let me sleep.
_____________________Divisory Line____________________

As Is tradition, here is some practices I've been doing not too long ago, remember, CG actally is not the main point of this blog, but I hope you can take some useful things from here and avoid hitting the same rock as me in time.








And a little early but here is the before and after review of the progress of my paintings from 2012 until now, this is not a great evaluation, and even accurate, but helps to proof some things. Keep ON!.


More to come, Stay tune! KOD

Colour theory.- Real Color Wheel
                                                     My Livestream.- Livestream Goodendgraphics

No comments:

Post a Comment